What is the purpose of this unit?
This unit describes the context of the SAMD demonstrator project and the
relevant e-Social Science background. The social science research question
is described in brief detail and the main benefits of the Grid approach for
researchers are outlined.
After reading this unit you will be more aware of:
- what the Grid means for researchers in general
- the potential uses of the Grid in social science research
- what SAMD involved in terms of streamlining the analysis of an example
social science research query
- what the research query was investigating (i.e. the relationship between
monetary policy and measures such as GDP)
- how SAMD and Fast Track form part of the ESRC e-Social Science strategy