Open this page and print off the Statistics data on Age Structure. Read through the information, then answer the following questions from looking at the table on page 2:
Write out the heading that the table has.
- Is this heading quite clear for the reader? Give reasons for your answer.
- What do the column and row headings show?
- Are those column/row headings clear and if not, explain why not?
- Are any categories missing do you think (on any of the headings)? If so, which ones?
- When were the statistics produced?
- How were the statistics obtained? (If this is not clear, explain your answer)
- What units of measurement are being used e.g. Are they percentages, tens of thousands, millions or what?
- Who has produced the data?
- Look at the graph on page 1. Summarise what the graph shows.
- Do the table and graph show the same information?
- Explain one way that without care, this data could be distorted or misinterpreted.
Hand this work into your tutor.