CONTRAINDICATIONS TO BODY MASSAGE
Massage is generally a safe treatment for most people. However there are health factors known as contraindications which may affect the type of treatment you can offer. Contraindications are usually discovered during the consultation process.
Total contraindications mean that the client cannot receive any massage with any of the following conditions:
· Contagious or infectious diseases DANGER
· Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
· Recent operations DANGER
· Skin diseases DANGER
Local contraindications mean that the therapist cannot massage over areas affected by the following conditions:
G.P Medical Referral means that you cannot treat a client with any of the following conditions unless they have written consent from their doctor or health professional:
Now answer these questions:
1. What type of contraindication is a cut on the hand?
2. What type of contraindication is thrombosis?
3. Would you treat a client with a fever? Yes or No?
2. G.P Medical Referral
3. No, this is a total contraindication