1) The effects of holistic massage on the respiratory system include to:
a) Tone the abdominal muscle
b) Remove lactic acid
c) Aid peristalsis
d) Relax the abdominal muscles
2) What effect does holistic massage have on the urinary system?
a) encourages better waste disposal
b) improves flexibility
c) encourages peristalsis
d) reduces stiffness
3) Which massage movement is the most beneficial for working around the patella?
CHECK www.THEBODYWORKER.COM for massage strokes
4) By improving the skin tone with holistic massage you are also:
a) increasing energy levels
b) causing fatigue
c) removing dead skin cells
d) relaxing the mind
5) Petrissage is defined as:
a) light tapping movement
b) stroking movement
c) compression movement
d) shaking movement
6) Kinesiology is defined as:
a) manipulation of the joints of the body
b) using physical exercise, massage and the application of pressure to relive physical pain and muscular tension
c) treating the body’s imbalances by testing the muscles and energy meridians
d) the use of finger or thumb pressure on points along the energy meridians to help relieve pain
7) Swedish massage as a treatment involving:
a) the use of essential oils
b) the body, mind and spirit
c) massage of the whole body using talcum powder
d) gentle movements of the tissues to rebalance the body
8) In what country was Ayurvedic medicine found?
Check history on www.wischik.com/lu/massage/ljwhistory.html
9) You would ensure your couch was as sterile as possible between client by wiping down with:
a) a damp cloth
c) hot soapy water
10) What procedure would you follow if your client reacted to the massage medium you were using?
a) continue the treatment
b) stop the treatment and place a cool damp cloth over the area
c) stop the treatment and wipe the area with surgical spirit
d) stop the treatment and put some heat on the area
11) When dealing with negative feedback do you?
a) tell the client it was not your fault
b) listen to the client and then give him/her your opinion
c) listen to what the client tell you, discuss the problem with him/her, offer an alternative treatment
d) tell the client he/ she is incorrect in their statement
12) Simply draw the anterior and posterior of the torso, and position and label the muscles. Bonus marks will be awarded if you can add any muscle actions.
Check your answers on http://members.aol.com/Attic21/Anatomy