U076 Key skill assessment unit: Problem solving
2 Sources of help
This assessment unit is designed to be self-contained. However you might like to access the following sources for support and guidance if you need it. These sources include:
- U529_1 Key skills – making a difference: This OpenLearn unit is designed to complement the assessment units. It provides detailed guidance and activities to help you work on your key skills, gives examples of key skills work from students, and helps you prepare and select work for a portfolio.
- Your main course of study: If you are studying a course with the Open University or elsewhere which includes key skills outcomes you may get feedback from your tutor.
- Skills workshops/training courses: You may have opportunities to attend training courses at work.
- Skills resources: Your main course of study may recommend books, study guides and websites to help you tackle skills such as essay writing, using diagrams and graphs, or organising your learning.
- The Good Study Guide series: offers advice and examples of good practice: Chambers, E. and A. Northedge (1997) The Arts Good Study Guide. Milton Keynes: The Open University. Northedge, A. (2005) The Good Study Guide. Milton Keynes: The Open University. There is a companion website to the book at www.open.ac.uk/goodstudyguide/index.htm. Northedge, A. et al. (1997) The Sciences Good Study Guide. Milton Keynes: The Open University.
- SAFARI: www.open.ac.uk/safari This is an online tutorial with interactive activities that will help you to develop your information skills, including searching with electronic tools, evaluating and managing information.
- OU library and website: www.open.ac.uk/library
- Skills for OU study: www.open.ac.uk/skillsforstudy/index.php Offers online resources to help you develop skills needed for learning.
- OpenLearn information skills units: Arts and History; Business and Management; Education; Health and Lifestyle; IT and Computing; Mathematics and Statistics; ModernLanguages; Science and Nature; Society and Technology.