7 Part A: Evidencing skills to develop a strategy, monitor progress and evaluate performance
7.3 Monitoring your progress
Use your records or logbook to provide a reflective commentary on:
what you did to help you set up and use information literacy methods and techniques to achieve your goals; for example, what
you did to:
- search for information and explore alternative lines of enquiry;
- use different search strategies and tools effectively;
- choose criteria and use them to critically evaluate the quality of your search results;
- the use you made of resources and feedback comments to improve your skills and the quality of your work; with hindsight, would you do anything differently to improve the quality of your information literacy skills?
- the choices you made as you developed and used information literacy skills for particular purposes; assess, making reference to criteria and targets where relevant, how effective your use of information literacy has been. Include any changes you have made to your strategy, for example, what you changed to overcome problems, why you made the changes and what was or was not successful. With hindsight what might you do differently next time?